If we are used to exercising regularly, we can trust us and not give enough importance to heat. On the other hand, if we do not practice sport regularly, good weather and have more free time we can push the healthy habit of exercise. At the end of the day, and summer sports always go hand in hand. However, it is very important to take certain precautions so that we do not carry us a scare. Here we give you five tips for summer sports safely for top 10 summer sports.
To say that exercise is good for health is no longer a novelty and it is a fact that in addition to proven, is public domain. However, not everyone is so aware of how important exercise is how and when it does, adjusting the effort to the characteristics of the person (age, weight, physical training, history of diseases, …).
One of the factors to consider when practicing any kind of physical activity is the temperature of the environment, either indoors or outdoor enclosures. Thus, for example, is not the same playing sports outside in autumn or spring.
Should take advantage of the summer period for physical activity, you should follow a few tips, which includes the portal fame point:
- Choose the correct time. Preferably, one should exercise early in the morning. If this is not possible, avoid the most sunshine hours.
- Hydrate. Fluid loss is always an issue to consider when the sport is practiced, but this is accentuated if temperatures are high, so you should drink before, during and after exercise, avoiding carbonated beverages.
- Adequate rest. As important as to properly compensate physical activity is a proper rest, both respecting the precise hours of sleep, and avoiding overexertion, which is always counterproductive.
- If you exercise outdoors, do not forget the sunscreen. Although very often protected from the sun with appropriate creams (to a degree suitable filter) often forget to go jogging or play a game of any outdoor sport we can expose to the sun as much or more than if we were taking the sun lying in the sand. It is for this reason that the protection must be correct in all situations.
- Food. In every situation, the supply must be adequate consumption that makes our body at all times. Thus, it is not the same maintain a life with little physical activity sports major physical wear frequently. Therefore, feeding, always healthy, should not be the same, but fit for consumption.
- Maintaining unhealthy habits (snuff, excess alcohol, other unhealthy substances, …) hurt when sports and not allow us to fully take advantage of the benefits of a lifetime of healthy physical activity.
- Proper attire. Both shoes and clothing to relocate during the performance of sport must be right for such activity, but also aimed at the ambient temperature in which we go to practice. A constant theme in this regard is that the main thing is that clothes and shoes are comfortable, so avoid discomfort and injury.
- Summer is a very useful time for exercise and this can be a cornerstone of our health, especially if these other tips respected and reflected in the web Recommendations for exercise in summer.
- Never practice sport between 12 and 17 hours. According to the Federation of Sports Medicine, the worst hours for sports they are between 12 and 17 hours. Are the times when it gets hot so we should avoid and strive for the different physical or early in the morning or late in the afternoon activities.
- Eat properly. Two hours before performing any physical activity makes a light and balanced meal. Do not forget the fruit and carbohydrates. In addition, the vegetables will provide a good amount of water, essential for proper hydration.
- Drink water before, during and after exercise. To avoid injuries and heat stroke is essential to good hydration before, during and after exercise. If our muscles do not have enough water they are more likely to be injured so we must drink water at regular intervals. We can also choose sports drinks, which provide carbohydrates and minerals that help maintain an adequate concentration of glucose in the blood, replenish electrolytes and keep us hydrated. Of course, none of the excessively cold liquids.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Although at first and late in the day the sun’s rays are weaker, we protect ourselves from the sun with a suitable cream. Search high and sweat resistant factors. And in the head … best a cap!
- Take advantage of summer sports. Why strive to run under a scorching sun if we can enjoy water sports? It seems common sense, but what better than the summer to encourage us to practice other sports that we can not perform usually as open water swimming, surfing or kayaking?